Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happiness isn't Hard To Find

Winter is on its way and I don't know about you, but sometimes winter makes me feel a little bit sad. Now believe me, I love the holidays, but I'm not talking about the holidays. I'm talking about ice-forming, have-to-go-out-and-run-your-car-for-10-minutes WINTER.  Winter is the time where my class attendance really goes down hill because I really hate going out in the cold air in the morning. So, with that being said, did you know that there is such a thing as Seasonal Affective Disorder? This means that seasons, mainly winter, can cause depression. Crazy right? So I thought it would be fun to post about a few things that make me happy even through the winter :) 
Happy Winter! :)

#1.-Music. Music can always turn a day around. A song that never fails to make me smile is If I Had A Million Dollars . Random? You try listening to it without feeling the slightest bit of happiness!

#2.-Quotes. I love reading quotes. Movie quotes, song lyrics, quotes from famous people, anything. Stumbleupon helps me find a ton of great ones. 


#3.-Chai lattes and peppermint hot chocolate. I don't really like being cold, but if when I do decide to face the day, I feel so much better when I drink either of these.


#4.-My Friends and Family. When everyone is snowed in is some of my favorite times. Movies, good food, and tons of fun. I love those days :)


#5.- Being Creative. Being stuck inside gives me lots of time to think of new projects to work on, and being productive helps me feel less restless and lazy :)


#6.- Last but not least, Winter clothes. I love dressing for winter. I have way too many coats, boots, and hats.   Today was pretty chilly so I was very excited to break out my winter gear! :)


Hope gives you a few ideas to get through this wonderful winter :)
For more information on Seasonal Affective disorder visit this website
Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of this disorder and it makes sense to me! Glad you have great ideas to share to make the winter days not so gloomy! Thanks for sharing this great post on NOBH!

    Did you know that NOBH has been nominated for the Homeschool Blog Awards
    in the "Best Family/Group Blog". Go to the NOBH home page (http://noordinarybloghop.blogs... ) to find out how you can vote for our hop if you feel lead to do so! Thanks! Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"

    ReplyDelete