Friday, November 11, 2011

Project #2. I'm Feeling Creative.

I've seen this project so many times I finally had to try it. I can't really remember where I got the idea from, but I'm sure it was probably from stumbleupon. Anyway, melted crayon art was what I spent the portion of my day doing, and I loved it. It was pretty easy and it looks so cool hanging in my room. Check it out!
All you need to make this is crayons, glue, hairdryer, and canvas. 
1. Start by gluing the crayons across the top of the board.
2. Once the glue has melted, blow dry the crayons. Aim for the middle of the crayon but if the wax stops running then you can melt it from where it has stopped.
3. Let it dry!
I did this outside because it was kind of messy and because after running my hairdryer for so long I blew a fuse. But if you do make it inside, make sure you use a drop cloth or garbage bag to cover the floor and walls behind it. 
I'm thinking about painting some words over the top of this one, but I'm not quite sure yet! :)
Enjoy!! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great project! It really came out beautiful. Thanks for sharing this at NOBH, and for joining our blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ladies! it was so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete